Monday, June 25, 2012

UPDATED: Double U - I - O - Wah!

(If you can be the first to name where the title to this blog came from, I'll send you a surprise! Just comment with where you think I stole it from and also your email so I can let you know if you get the surprise! If no one gets it soon, I'll add clues.)


I went to Iowa this weekend with my dad, sister and girls. My daughters got to meet their great grandmothers for the first time. It was an awesome trip, but I'm trying to recover from it. Apparently I'm allergic to Iowa.

They talk VERY WEIRD. It's not a cold drink, soda, or coke... It's pop.  That wasn't news to me, but still weird. Also they call a Sloppy Joe a Maid Rite... what the heck! Anyone else ever heard of that or say that? It's better than a loose beef sandwich which is another term my dad uses for Sloppy Joe. Call it that and I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.  That just sounds NASTY.

Moving on... This isn't a real post. Just to say I'm trying to recover from the 72 hour trip (24 of it driving there and back) so don't expect too much from me over the next few days. Hopefully it won't take me too long to recoup.

Don't forget to leave your comment about the blog title!

UPDATE**
So I had two friends who guessed the answer correctly.  The correct answer is the Backyardigans. I think that episode was one of my favorites, mainly because we have made fun of my dad for YEARS for being from IOWA and how there is NOTHING there but corn. Anyways, Two winners... One on Facebook and one on here... so you're both getting surprises! Nashville Canuck - I need your address. You can email it to me at keavenneely@gmail.com

No comments: