Tuesday, February 12, 2013

30 by 30 Update 1

Back in August I wrote this post about 30 things I want to do by the time I turn 30.

The List:


  •  Run a half marathon, the Warrior Dash, and the Color Run.
  • Take a road trip by my lonesome and stop whenever I want.
  •  Take ball room dancing lessons.
  • Find my go to Karaoke song.
  • Have baby number 3.
  • Turn an internet only friend into a real life friend.
  • Ride in either a Hot Air Balloon or a Helicopter, maybe both, not at the same time.
  •  Have a large vegetable garden and keep it alive.
  • Do a family hike and camp out trip.
  • Write letters and send picture regularly to family.
  • Learn how to really play the guitar.
  • Go someplace I need a passport for.
  • Visit Niagra Falls.
  •  Tour the "mormon" trail.
  • Catch up on all my scrapbooking.
  • Ride a horse again.
  • Participate in a flash mob.
  • Volunteer regularly
  • Take the kids to Disney World
  • Visit Harry Potter world
  •  Do an anniversary photo shoot for our 10 year (kinda like an engagement shoot)
  •  Paint all the rooms in the house.
  • Attend a giant music festival (bonnaroo?)
  • Have Blue/Turquoise hair… this is gonna happen!
  • Fill out our family tree book for the kids.
  • Train my dogs so they don't drive me crazy.
  • Go white water rafting with Handsome, this time on the same raft as my hubby ;)
  • Write in my journal weekly at least.
  • Get a gun license and learn to use the dang thing.
  • Read start to finish all the Scriptures. (Old and New testament, BOM, D&C and PoGP)


  • I have yet to actually accomplish ANYTHING on my list, and I've only got a year and half left.

    That is... UNTIL TODAY!

    I actually was able to cross off number 6 on my list and turn an internet friend into a real friend. A good friend (who I met online) needed a ride from Owensboro, Kentucky to the Nashville Airport, and I was able to give her that ride! I LOVE driving and road trips, so I didn't mind the drive at all, and once I got my friend, we talked NON STOP until she had to pass through security at the airport to make her plane. It was so much fun to be able to meet her, and to find out that we have so much in common.

    Along with number 6, I'm currently working on a few other items on my list. Number 5 will happen the last week of May. I'm going to start a veggie garden here in the next few weeks (8) and I'm running the color run on March 30th (1.) There are a few things I won't be able to actually cross off, thanks in part to baby  number 3. But that's okay. I'll find replacements for them that are just as exciting.

    I'm just excited to have actually taken one small step to accomplishing this huge goal! YAY!

    No comments: