Sunday, May 27, 2012

Holidays = Someone's gonna be sick, Oh, and Happy Memorial Day

For some reason it never fails... Every single effin holiday someone in my household gets sick. 

This Memorial Day weekend it's me. 

But I don't have your normal sick bug.

I don't even have a crazy bug.

I've got something entirely different. 

It's making me very thoughtful, hopeful, brokenhearted, but looking forward to the future all at the same time. 

It's making me grateful for the family and friends I have around me.

It just sucks that it's a holiday weekend when I have my handsome home and could enjoy time with him. It never fails that one of us is off his/her game. 

BUT

On this memorial day weekend I do want to say that I am grateful for the our Military members; past, present, and future. My grandfather served in the United States Air Force for over 30 years. My 2 baby brothers have been sworn in and will be leaving for basic training this summer. I am proud of my grandfather for his service and the patriotism he taught my mother who in turn taught me and my brothers and sisters. 


Thank you to all our service men and women out there fighting for our freedom!  

No comments: